I talked with James Buckley at Cirrus Insight about his passion for sales, specifically the role of the SDR (sales development rep) in the selling process. We talked about:
- How James got started in selling.
- The types of sales positions he’s held and what he’s learned.
- How his background in Writing Communications benefits him in selling.
- The importance of social media presence in today’s competitive climate.
- Where James sees the sales industry headed in the next couple of years.
- And, why James loves the position of SDR and the value he feels it brings to sales organizations.
James Buckley is a Business Development Manager and Sales Trainer at Cirrus Insight. He is originally from Miami, Florida but has lived in the Knoxville area for 12 years. James attended a small liberal arts college in Maryville, Tennessee Maryville College, where he graduated with a Writing Communications degree. James’ focus and specialty is the Sales Development Role. He believes that these are long-term positions under-utilized in today’s fast paced business models. James is a customer focused, results-driven professional with growth on his mind. He believes there is no substitute for hard work, and ultimately it’s what helps him stand out.