Being a rock star sales rep doesn’t necessarily mean that the transition to becoming a sales managers is going to be easy. Sales managers need training to help them transition because the skills that led to individual contributor success, sales rock star greatness aren’t the same skills needed to be great in leading sales teams.
Kevin and I talked about:
- The biggest problem facing sales managers and VPs of Sales today.
- Some of the most important lessons that Kevin learned in his time as a sales leader.
- Why Kevin decided to write “The Sales Manager’s Guide to Greatness”.
- How organizations can better prepare their managers to be great leaders.
- The one piece of advice that sales managers never get but desperately need.
- Kevin’s favorite insight he included in the book? In other words, Kevin shares with listeners the most important thing he learned while researching and writing.
Kevin is the president of TopLine Leadership, which provides customized sales training and sales management development programs. His 3rd book, “The Sales Manager’s Guide to Greatness: 10 Essential Strategies for Leading Your Team to the Top” is now available in hard cover, ebook and audiobook from Amazon.com. Early in his career, he worked for a Fortune 200 company in sales management and general management responsibilities. He, therefore, understands the unique challenges faced during the transition from sales to managing salespeople and the transition from managing salespeople to managing sales managers. Kevin is also the author of two sales books, “Getting Into Your Customer’s Head and “Slow Down, Sell Faster!” He lives in the Reno-Tahoe area.